Friday, February 4, 2011

Virtual Office Hour - Feb 3

Although I did not have a specific question, I decided to join Jennifer's elimunate virtual office hours. Bruce, who teaches on-line courses, was the primary participant. Jennifer talked about how she manages information - she doesn't bookmark things. She says there is always more information out there. She also said that studies indicate we can keep up with about 150 people in a social network. She indicated she often purges her twitter account, but more always want to join. It was interesting to me to see how integrated in the internet is in Jennifer's professional life and how it seems to come naturally to her. She is a generation younger, so it goes to the previous discussions that this might be in our DNA.

1 comment:

  1. I feel bad that it took a while for me to add you to the audio. I haven't figured out yet how to access the admin tools while I'm doing the screen sharing. I love doing those sessions. Hopefully I'll learn to make them more balanced, so everyone can participate.

    ReplyDelete